Friday 6 October 2017

Diana Wanted To Go Window Shopping,

which was my cue to play with one of My toys,



 so it was out with the Wild Gears,

 firstly I tried a couple of easy patterns,

 trying not to make a mistake,

 so far so good,

I was doing reasonably well, until the I started to use the brown coloured pen,

then I tried a new type of pattern, a gear within a gear,  

 using marks I had already made, on the bigger gear a pink mark, opposite a black on the outside, on the smaller gear black to black, this gives me a starting and finishing point,

  if You needed a set of good eye, brain and hand coordination for the single gear patterns,


You need it so much more when two gears are involved, I was doing so well with this one, then the inevitable happened, I slipped,

but I carried on, it was good fun,

 I started a new sheet of paper determined not to make a mistake, but I did, I have placed the gear selection in the outer frame, so You can see at the top left where I slipped,

 and there it is, oh dear, how sad, never mind!


this is a scan of My mistake, as it is a scan the slip appears on the opposite side, just another couple of circuits and it would have been perfect, but there it is,

  next thing Diana called, window shopping over so off I went to pick Her up, We had arranged to meet at the coffee stall,

I had an ice coffee, Diana had something in pink,

after our evening meal and a couple from The Chase, We settled down to watch the first of a new series, Rome and was it good! We had planned to watch the first episode and round the evening off with Billions, but Rome was so good We watched the first four episodes back to back! the costumes and set were fantastic as was the story, set in these four episodes in the time of Gaius Julius Caesar, Gnaeus Pompeius, Mark Antony and Marcus Junius Brutus, but the plebs were not forgotten, as the story line also includes them in the film, and of course the different view of for them in life and world changing events, we even started shouting when we recognised a part of Rome, 'been there, been there!' when We watched in the series easily identifiable landmarks like the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina, also the Temple of Castor and Pollux, the Coliseum and of course the main square itself, the boxed set has sat on one of the 'to watch' shelves for such a long time, we are both so glad We decided to watch it, what a stunning gem of a find, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: