Saturday 3 March 2018

The Boys Are Back In Town!

that sounds like the title of a song,


but it is a fact, Sunda and some of his friends are here in Pattaya, but first we had a quiet day, I spent some time organising some of the many pictures we took on our travels, I then popped over to Sabai Resort to say Hi to everyone,



 if you do not know it the resort is on Second Road almost next to the Alcazar Show,

 the resort itself is set in some 16 acres of land with over 200 rooms in various settings, quiet and peaceful, but near to town, it is where the boys have stayed for many years,

 in the evening we arraigned to meet up, so I took a motorcycle taxi to Soi Diamond,

 and walked down to Walking Street,

 passing a few go-go's on the way,

 the street was packed with tour groups, 

 and bright with lights,

 this is Soi Happy ago-go, named after the famous go-go at the end of it,

 one of my favorite places to hang out was here, Champions, now just a distant memory as the lease was not renewed, some years ago it was boarded up and is now awaiting redevelopment into I do not know what,

 but where it has died many others like the phoenix have risen from the ashes to take it's place,

 as always there are various photographic opportunity's in the street like this one,

 I just love the neon signs,

 and of course the food!

 and here are some of the boys, from left to right Ash, Sunda and Kiran, the others did not want to be in the picture to protect the guilty,

 we meet under the Walking Street sign and popped into a number of bars along the way, finally stopping at the Simon beer bar complex which over looks the sea,

 in the distance a couple of the floating restaurants in the bay,

and a quick video of their ever changing lights,

looking to the left and right there are restaurants that reach out over the sea, we then made a 180° turn to retrace our steps, and called into a few more bars that we missed on the first walk through, after a few more vodka sodas it was time to say our farewells, what a great evening, I had not been to Walking Street since Sunda's last visit here, so it was an eye opener to see some of the many changes that the street has been through since our last visit,

I made my way back along Soi Diamond to take a motorcycle taxi home when the food seller at the end of the Soi recognised me, 

so 2 pieces of chicken to go and I was on my way home, when I arrived back home Mum and Dad had already gone to bed, and after a coffee so did we.


No comments: