Wednesday 2 October 2019

I Joined Diana,

on the bus to Bromley,


 walking past parts of the road that were waterlogged after a thunderstorm, and on to the bus stop,
 at the market square in Bromley, Diana continued to her next bus stop to go to work,

 whilst I called in to Lakeland to change the CO2 cylinder for my daily litre of soda water, which I drink first thing every morning,

 just a few yards from Lakeland, the Bromley market square water pump, behind it the mural, with its unique history,

 next stop for myself,the 54 bus stop opposite Pierluigi's,

 as I wanted to go to Kingfisheries, the air pump fr the protein skimmer was well down on power so I picked up a new one,

the back home and upstairs,

 to play with some of the infrared photographs I had amassed, this one from our stay in Kinlochleven near Glencoe, Scotland, above is how the image comes out of the infrared converted camera, which I had converted at Protech Photographic, who were more than very helpful,

 I then ran the image through a colour swapping program, 

 and tweaked the colours, plus bringing back some detail in the water at the bottom of the photograph, 

 until I obtained the image I liked,

 next a bit of a play in black and white,

 finally going for a antique type of look,

 next an image from our stay in John O' Groats, I was standing on the jetty in the harbour, looking to the west at a farmhouse in the distance,

 through the colour swap, 

 I decided to increase the detail and colour in the farmhouse and crop some of the foreground,

 and add some detail to the sea, also make the surf just a tad brighter,

 the same image in black and white,

 and give the photograph an antique look,

and then really went overboard with colour swapping!

by now it was late and time to walk to the station to pick up Diana, arriving home it was feet up for one from Peaky Blinders and then for us we were off to bed.


1 comment:

Jil Wrinkle said...

If you have them, I would be interested in seeing a side-by-side comparison of one of your final, color-adjusted infrared photos with a regular-light photo of the exact same scene shot with the exact same camera so that I can see clearly the differences that are achieved using the infrared process.