she meet Kai for a girls afternoon out in London,
first stop shopping, then a bite to eat,
a afternoon, not cream tea, but a dim sum tea!
at the Dim Sum Library, a walk past the kitchen,
looking at how they are made, and then to their table,
treats ordered,
and as the dim sum arrive a selfie of both Diana and Kai,
OK so who is going to start first?
the agony of choice! three layers to choose from,
it did not take long!
one more of Kai,
and here is Diana tucking in, crikey all in one! and a chat from Kai in Thai,
after which they walked to the station and caught a train home, I picked up Diana from Kai's home, for myself for the past couple of days I have been a tad busy, next year, I know a long time away, but to put it in perspective Christmas is only 142 days away! I hope to go to Costa Rica, and hack my way through the jungle in search of poison dart frogs, armed with nothing more than a camera! you can see all of the little critters I will be looking for here, I have learnt so much about them, most importantly, they really are poisonous, so do not eat one! As it happens the poison in the poison dart frogs of Costa Rica is only mildly to moderately
toxic to predators, but they are not dangerous or deadly to humans, but some poison dart frogs range from mildly toxic to the most
poisonous animals on Earth, capable of causing paralysis or death. Their
toxicity depends heavily on species and diet, the toxicity level of the Golden Poison Frog (Phyllobates terribilis), below,
image found at r/natureismetal, is the most toxic vertebrate on Earth, it carries enough batrachotoxin to kill up to 20 or even 20,000 mice and multiple humans, small, pretty, but oh so deadly! which is why I am surprised that someone has it in their hand, as it happens dart frogs that are breed in captivity are not poisonous, but rather like nudibranchs,
like this one I photographed in the Philippines many years ago, that eat food that is poisonous and then use the poison from the creature they ate to defend themselves, the dart frogs do the same by absorbing lipophilic alkaloids from eating wild ants, mites, and tiny beetles, and like the nudibranch advertises they are unpleasant to eat but displaying the most outrageous colours, after all of that and my evening meal I watched a couple more YouTubes about the frogs before picking Diana, arriving home we were just in time for the start of a Midsomer Murder, after which Diana was off to bed, another 05.00AM start for her tomorrow, for myself a Bangers & Cash before I too was off to bed.
%20(Copy).jpeg)
.jpeg)
%20(Copy).jpeg)
%20(Copy).jpeg)
%20(Copy).jpeg)
.jpeg)
%20(Copy).jpeg)
%20(Copy).jpeg)
%20(Copy).jpeg)
%20(Copy).jpeg)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment