Wednesday 3 February 2016

I Guess We All Know What X-Rays Are,

I know I have seen enough of mine over the years,


 but I have never thought of them being used as art,

 but back in the 1930s Dr. Dain L. Tasker did see them as objects of beauty,

he was an early 20th century radiologist, born in 1872 in Beloit, Wisconsin, Tasker was the chief radiologist at the Wilshire Hospital in Los Angeles, whilst at first enjoying landscape photography he then decided to X-ray flowers and blooms, 'Flowers are the expression of the love life of plants,' he said in a statement, at first they may not seem something special, but for me there is a certain beauty in what the eye can not see, a selection of Tasker’s X-ray images can be seen in the exhibition 'Floral Studies' at Joseph Bellows Gallery in La Jolla, California which runs through February 19, 2016.


No comments: