Saturday, 15 August 2026

Let's Start Today,

with the girls,


I have been told that yesterday, 

they went to Bruges and Ghent,

so downstairs for breakfast, 

then outside,

for a few more, 

of the flower show, 

near where they are staying,

one more of Diana,

then into the coach,

and here they are,

time for a pose, 

and a look around, 

Wilma by the canal,

and Kai with more chocolate, 

 the girls will take a trip on the canal later, 

but first a look around, 

and a pose or two, 

then they found the ice cream shop, 

who could on a hot day, 

walk past that?

onto the boat, 

for a trip along, 

the canal, 

Diana made a short video, I think my disaster with the kitchen and my visit to Bromley to pick up some more spiced rum was mentioned, 

and speaking of Bromley, 

here I am, 

in the distance, on the left, 

the facade of a new building is being faced with tiles, lets hope they last better than the ones that were put on the Churchill Theatre, they all fell off, twice! and eventually every tile had to be drilled and then screwed in place, 

here a bit of fun, 

I guess whoever it was in the costume won the bet!

here I am, Lidl, 3 large bottles of spiced rum and a few bits of food and I was on my way,

walking back into the park, the garden by the side of Foxgrove Lodge looked as nice as ever, 

these putting on a grand show, arriving home it was a afternoon in the back garden, it the company of Jules & Sandy, great fun to listen to, in case you do not know they were a part of a weekly radio show, broadcast at a time when being queer would definitely get you arrested and imprisoned, but by using polari they fooled the BBC into broadcasting the couple,

in the evening a read and a sherry,

I had picked up a huge pack of smoked salmon, so it will be a smoked salmon starter for the next three days, 

'Cheers!', as I tuck into bangers & mash, after which it was feet up for, Dragon Wars: D-War, I gave it 10 minutes but that was enough, time for my next film of the evening, 

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad WorldIt's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, and what great fun it was, not only watching the film but seeing so many old actors now, but in the early 1960s when the film was released how young they were, like Peter Fauk and Mickey Rooney, and seeing how some actors who I had seen when they were young had aged, such as Buster Keaton, who along with Phil Silvers are my 2 favorite actors in the film, I nearly forgot also Terry Thomas, so make that the 3 favorite actors in the film, after which a timely movie as it is so hot, 

 The Day The Earth Caught Fire, it is one of the classic apocalyptic films of its era, being released in 1961, (just three years before the release of Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb), a newspaper reporter discovers that simultaneous U.S. and Russian nuclear explosions have drastically altered the earth's rotation, fires and earthquakes ravage cities all over the world, and chaos and sickness descend upon the frightened survivors as they try to put the planet back on its axis, do they succeed? You will have to watch the film! after which I was off to bed.


No comments: