Friday, 7 August 2026

It Was Diana's Day Off,

so first thing we were out, 


to Polhill Garden Center, 

a regular place we go to, not too far for a drive, and a opportunity to buy a few things we do not normally see elsewhere, 

first breakfast, 

you guessed it,

a plate of cockles, 

then a first for us here, way in the distance a red kite, I did not have a long lens with me, the photograph above straight out of the camera, so I cropped the image when we returned home, 

and played with it a tad, absolutely terrible, but there it is, I should have brought a long lens with me! inside we picked up a few things, delicious almond macaroons, this the only place we can buy them, also some of their saveloy sausages, Sainsburys do in fact sell them, but they are not as nice as the ones here, we also bought some fruit cake and some fresh Kent fruit and vegetables, apples, plums, sweetcorn and garden peas, 

I took it all to the car, Diana snapping me as I returned,

we passed the main entrance,

and ended up in the restaurant, 

a bacon bun for myself, a breakfast bun for Diana,

both of us had a latte coffee, 

and of course a cake for Diana, the bill came to £22.00, 

then out into the plants, 

Diana has a new favorite flower,

dahlias, 

she said they were all so nice, 

if we had a garden it would be full of them, 

for myself, 

I took a few close ups of the bees,

and a few groups of flowers, 

and a few individual ones, 

so full of colour, 

back into the car, a drive through country roads, 

and into a country lane, 

arriving here, 


I was particularly interested in the reptile/amphibian section, then home, later in the afternoon Mark from Mark Sparks arrived, we are going at some time going to have a water softener, or I should say a RO unit fitted, our water here is so hard you can almost cut it! so a look at where it is to go so that a plug socket can be fitted under the sink where the unit will go, he will be back with all of the bits he needs tomorrow to complete the job, after he left a delicious evening meal of saveloys, curly cut chips and gherkins, it was then feet up for a double helping of Deadly 60, both of them about Namibia, where I hope to be in October, a few things there I hope I do not tread on or stumble into! after which a double helping of A Touch of Frost, as Diana has a 04.00AM start tomorrow she was off to bed, for myself one from Have I Got A Bit More News For You before I too was off to bed.


No comments: