Saturday, 29 August 2026

I Had Two Things To Do Today,

well three actually, 


firstly pick up a hand trowel and fork for next week when we start planting the blubs, secondly whilst in Bell Green Retail Park,

pick up a 13" laptop, the laptop I have at the moment is just too big to fit into the backpack I am taking on my next trip, 

and the third thing, getting it working, I am hopeless at this sort of thing, I just somehow can not seem to make sense of what to do, 

but after much trial by error, 

I managed to import all of the address from my main computer onto this one,

and there is yesterdays post on it, after which Diana arrived home, with some sunflowers,

so time for a read and a sherry, 

followed by saveloys and curly chips, 'Cheers!', after a Outback Opal Hunters it was time for our evening film,

Con Air, a prisoner soon to be released finds himself along for the ride when other inmates stage a breakout in a plane, great fun and a great cast, after which we finished,

We're No Angels, a delightful comedy, a really nice Christmas story, with a bit of a edge to it, shortly before Christmas in 1895, unapologetic convicts Joseph (Bogart), Albert (Ray), and Jules (Ustinov) escape — along with Albert's pet viper, Adolfe — from the infamous Devil's Island prison in French Guiana. After dodging search parties, they seek refuge in the shop of Felix Ducotel (Leo G. Carroll), who is struggling to make ends meet under the overbearing supervision of his cousin Andre (Basil Rathbone). Given the spirit of the Christmas season, the trio decide to assist Ducotel, his wife Amelie (Joan Bennett), and their daughter Isabelle (Gloria Talbott) the only way they know how, with the unseen star of the movie, Adolfe, we rounded off the evening with the third episode of, 

 Catherine the Great, starring Helen Mirren as Catherine, the sets, costumes, storyline, everything was just so good, we are looking forward to episodes 3 & 4, from the blurb:


"Amidst scandal, intrigue and immense conflict, Russian Czarina Catherine the Great (Dame Helen Mirren) develops a unique and devoted relationship with Grigory Potemkin (Jason Clarke) as they overcome their adversaries and serve as the architects of modern-day Russia".

after which we were off to bed.


No comments: