Sunday, 30 August 2026

I Had A Quiet Day,

whilst Diana was at work, 


having said that I started looking for a soft sided suitcase, because of the packing arrangements in Namibia whilst in the 4 x 4, everyone was asked not to bring a normal hard shell suitcase, as it is difficult to pack them every few days as we up camp and move on, I also decided to have a look at just one group we might encounter, cats, just in case we should bump into a cheetah, serval or leopard, here is a handy identification guide, 


not that we are likely to bump into a Jaguar, but you never know.... all of the posters can be found hereas for the cats of Africa, 

here are the ten of them, as it happens there are seven cats found in Namibia, and here they are:

Lion (Panthera leo): Found mainly in Etosha National Park and the north-western skeleton coast/Kunene region, famously adapted to desert conditions.

Leopard (Panthera pardus): A secretive and adaptable nocturnal hunter found across rocky outcrops and woodland areas. 

Cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus): Namibia holds the world's largest free-ranging cheetah population, representing roughly a quarter of the global total.

Caracal (Caracal caracal): A medium-sized, muscular cat recognized by its long, tufted ears and incredible jumping ability. 

Serval (Leptailurus serval): A slender, long-legged cat restricted mostly to the wetter, well-vegetated north-eastern parts of the country.

African Wildcat (Felis lybica): A small, widespread generalist and the ancestor of the domestic cat.

Black-footed Cat (Felis nigripes): Africa's smallest wild cat and one of its rarest, living mostly in dry, arid regions like the Kalahari, and in case you are having trouble with spots, here is a guide,

as mentioned links to the poster can be found here


all of that brought me up nicely to my read and sherry, 

which I followed with a chilli con carne, 'Cheers!', it was then time for a film for tonight,

Never Say Never Again, thank goodness for Bond, another world saving event by the master spy, which I followed with, 

 Murder on the Orient Express, the 2017 version, I have to say I preferred the original 1974 version, but there it is, fun to watch, as it ended Diana arrived home, so a coffee and a chat, as we watched a Lewis, although tomorrow is a Sunday, Diana has a 04.00AM start, so we were then off to bed.


No comments: