Friday, 4 September 2026

It Was Diana's Day Off,

so we were out, 


we picked up Kai and made our way to COSTCO, for a shopping fest of household goods, 

all set, then a hiccup, Kai's card did not allow us to enter until after 11.00 in the morning, so plan 'B' it was, reference to plan 'B' here:

 Rare Birds, Dave is down, his wife lives in Washington, D.C.; his restaurant, the Auk, in an out-of-the-way Newfoundland inlet is dying, his neighbour, Phonce, contrives to keep Dave in town by faking and reporting the sighting of a rare bird, I really liked this conversation when a photo was published of the rare duck and Dave was worried some one might blow up the picture and find it was a fake,

Phonce: 'Dave who is going to blow up the picture? the International Bird Police? Interbird?' 

a great music soundtrack makes this feel good movie even better, and as an aside it is this film that I often quote by saying, 'always have a plan B Dave',

so plan B it was, back into the car to, 

Wing Yip, for coffee and cakes, as well as food shopping, 

I snagged a table, 

as the girls started buying a few cakes, and what a selection, 

a selfie from Diana as I adjusted my cravat, 

Kai brought over a few more, 

the girls Kai and Diana,

coffees and cakes, 

double victory from Kai, 

and a smile from myself, 

I am not sure what it is, but Diana loved it,

pit stop finished back into the car and into COSTCO the place is huge, it took so long looking around for what we wanted, and of course it almost took as long as the actual shopping to check out! we dropped Kai off at her home then back to our flat where we unloaded everything then a coffee before our evening meal, after the usual Outback Opal Hunter Diana decided on a film, as there was not a lot on that we wanted to watch, so,

 Jonah Hex, it was, we both enjoyed it even though we had watched it before, much underrated by many, but great fun if you can call it that and a nice lead up to, 

Discovering Film series this one showcasing John Hurt, what a star actor he really is, for myself his most powerful, compelling performance must be,

 Winston Smith, (photograph © 1984 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.), in,

  1984, a great book by the way, after which as Diana has a 04.00AM start tomorrow she was off to bed, for myself a Have I Got A Bit More News For You, before I too was off to bed.


No comments: