Wednesday, 7 October 2026

After Dropping Diana Off,

for her 05.00AM start, 


I had a lazy day, although I had to pop into town, past the snail mail box,

on the way out of the park I noticed this plant,

had put up a flower spike,

I am pretty sure it does this every year but this is the first time I have stopped to photograph it, 

off of the bus at the florists, 

a huge range of colours and sizes for these hydrangeas, in my grandmother's day they were blue or pink, depending if you put iron, (granddads' old razor blades) near its roots, and only small blooms, now so many colours and the blooms are truly huge, 

it must be nearly Christmas seeing these Chinese lanterns, (Physalis alkekengi), as it happens there are 78 days to Christmas, 

in the window of the florists a lovely autumn display, 

in the other window a reminder that Halloween is nearing, 

over the road to Boots the chemist to pick up my bi-monthly prescription, 

looking back The George Inn,

next a walk to Sainsbury's,

under the arch, 

and in, a few tins of lobster bisque soup, twiglets and Butterkist popcorn and I was on my way home,

into the park, 

before I arrived home I took another couple of photographs, 

of this huge fungus/mushroom. before feet up and a coffee before picking Diana up from work, arriving home and after our evening meal Diana asked to watch, 

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad WorldIt's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, and what great fun it was, not only watching the film but seeing so many old actors now, but in the early 1960s when the film was released how young they were, like Peter Fauk and Mickey Rooney, and seeing how some actors who I had seen when they were young had aged, such as Buster Keaton, who along with Phil Silvers are my 2 favorite actors in the film, I nearly forgot also Terry Thomas, so make that the 3 favorite actors in the film, after which a Have I Got A Bit More News For You, then as Diana was a tad tired she was off to bed, for myself a Bangers & Cash before I too was off to bed.


No comments: