just the crows on the window sill,
I did not take many photographs,
as I was eating my breakfast as well! in the early afternoon the monthly checking of the 4 fire alarm circuits for the building,
green light on the board as it should be, then pick up Diana from work after her 05.00AM., start this morning, arriving home a few ZZZZZ's for Diana, for myself,
Dune, although we had watched the film at the cinema it was nice to watch it again, after which Diana was up for our evening meal, next the usual outback Opal Hunters which we followed with an old favourite of mine that just happened to be showing.
The War Lord, a knight in the service of a duke goes to a coastal village where an earlier attempt to build a defensive castle has failed, then he falls for a local girl, then the trouble begins, the story revolves around the ancient rite of jus primae noctis or in French, Droit du seigneur. In The Curiosities of Literature (1823) by the British writer Isaac D'Israeli it was claimed the practice had been widespread across Europe, for another anecdotal record, in 1924 an elderly respondent retold a claim that even at the time of his grandparents' youth, in the early 1800s, the rule of first night had still been in widespread use in western Estonia; whether it had been a legal right he did not elaborate. Back to the film, I think much underrated, I really enjoyed watching again with its haunting background melody, as it happens here playing live at the London Palladium The Shadows, they thought the same and made the instrumental a hit, Diana wanted to watch the second half of,
Michael Palin goes to the philippines, this week episode 2, illustration Channel 5, you can watch it here, but she was just so tired she was off to bed, I watched it and fascinating it was, a few places like Palawan and Moalboal I had been to SCUBA diving and making underwater videos there in the late 1980s, as it happens I was also diving off of Badian Island, just off of Moalboal that also had a great dive center and hotel there, after the finnish of this week's episode I too was off to bed.
.jpg)
.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment