Thursday 5 January 2017

As We Are Going Fishing Today,

we are only making this one post today,


 our first early morning call was to the immigration office in Jomtien Soi 5,

 the car park was packed,

as was the street outside with cars and bikes, normally we are in and out in less time it takes to write this, but today over 70 people were in the queue in front of us, still in 45 minutes we were out and on our way,

 our next port of call, the pet and aquatic store, we were getting low on frozen fish food, 

 I had recently found out that a Triumph motorcycle dealership had opened up almost opposite Tesco Lotus on the Sukhumvit Road, it was in fact a Yamaha dealership that had taken on the Triumph range, in my dreams I wanted a Bonneville,

like my old one I owned in the late 1960s, this is an old picture of my one above, so for old times sake we called in, well you could have knocked me down with a feather, in the store there was just one Triumph, beautiful displayed on a raised stand with lots of accessories surrounding it,

this one, a Triumph Bonneville T100 looking almost the same as mine, a salesman came towards us so I asked 'how much?' he replied, 'I can not tell you, come back in 5 months' and that was that, no brochure offered, no explanation just a show of hands and as we parted he said, 'I am sorry', it seems such a shame that the Triumph company spends so much time on a product then fails to train sales staff or give them basic information as to how much the product costs at this moment in time, but there it is, as an aside the one above in the UK is £10,100 (at today's rate $12,468 ) I looked up the price of the Thai version on Triumph Thailand web site, 470,000 baht (at today's rate £10,641 or $13,135), so fairly similar in price, but I still have to wonder why I have to come back in 5 months for this information at the dealership, 

 our next stop as it was still early, breakfast,

 at the MK Restaurant above Tesco Lotus,

 a chocolate drink,

 for Diana,

 then our main course arrived,

 slices of pork and duck, 

 Diana also ordered a side dish,

 and her main dish arrived,

 we both had a bowl of mushroom soup,

 time for a selfie, 

 and one of myself across the table,

 my side dish arrived, what a great breakfast, we then did some shopping downstairs and proceeded to have a busy day, before we left for the aquatic store the burglar alarm company called to ask if they could call round for the yearly maintenance fee, in the afternoon they did, 12,840 baht latter and they were on their way, next a Thai friend from the UK called by, one of her family had died and she was over here for the funeral, after saying our goodbyes, Alex called in, I had downloaded some fact sheets about Dengue fever that he wanted to read about, as we started to get ready to go out a friend's maid called in for her monthly wage that I hold for her,

 then it was glad rags on and we were out, Mr. Tony had kindly called by and picked us up so off to Cherry's we went, as we went inside we were delighted to bump into Jim and Cher, also we meet Jim's brother for the first time Wesley and his wife Lek,

 we were here for the Wednesday and Saturday International buffet, firstly I had a quick look around, the salad bar,

 the sign says it all,

I made my way past the starters,

this one new for the evening from our last visit here,

 there were 18 or so heated covered dishes to chose from,

 plus a pizza station and carvery, 

 and finally desserts,

 time to eat, 

 Diana had made her choice,

 as did Mr. Tony and myself,

 main course for Diana,

lobster bisque soup for myself,

 chicken curry and few other treats for my main course, 

 and on to desserts, if you fancy the buffet or indeed want to order from the a la carte menu Cherry's is located on Third Road opposite the site that was once the X-Cite disco, Mr. Tony kindly dropped us off home, after saying our farewells as it was late we just watched a couple form Cops and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: