Sunday 30 May 2021

Keeping To An Invisible Theme,

would you pay €12,000 for this sculpture?


at today's rate, £10,311 or $14,631, I should mention it is an invisible sculpture, created by Salvatore Garau the immaterial sculpture is titled “I am” the invisible work of art basically represents a void, a technically empty space that is actually occupied by the energy of the sculpture, sounds like something you’d be interested in? No? Well, it’s too late anyway, as someone has already bought it,

I will let the artist explain, but firstly the artist suggests storing the artwork in a special room, in a space free from obstruction, of about 150×150 cm (4.92×4.92 feet). Special lighting and climate control are optional, since “I Am” is immaterial…“The successful outcome of the auction testifies to an irrefutable fact: the void is nothing but a space full of energy, and even if we empty it and nothing remains, according to Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle that nothingness has a weight,” Salvatore Garau said. “It therefore has energy that condenses and transforms itself into particles, in short, in us! When I decide to ‘exhibit’ an immaterial sculpture in a given space, that space will concentrate a certain quantity and density of thoughts in a precise point, creating a sculpture that from my title alone will take the most varied forms. After all, don’t we give shape to a God we have never seen?” actually I like his thinking, maybe I should open a web site selling some of my photographs, the first one would be photograph number 1, a plain sheet of white photograph paper, inviting the purchaser to imagine what the photograph could be, then photograph number 2, the same as photograph number 1, a plain white sheet of photographic paper, followed by number 3, you get the idea, at £100 each I could make a fortune knocking these out at 10 an hour!


 

No comments: