Thursday 9 June 2022

After Posting The Blog,

I was on my way to visit Duncan,


going to the bus stop, one stop,

to pop a letter into the snail mailbox, we still keep receiving mail for previous tenets, so 'return to sender'

on the bus past the entrance to the park,

I was soon in Blackheath village passing the florists,

outside a hydrangea looking nice,

in the front row a tad difficult to see,

for the mini garden, mini tomatoes,

I arrived just in time,

two trains later and I was on platform 0 at Gravesend,

a bus and a walk up the hill and I was at the nursing home, Duncan and myself chatted away for a couple of hours, we have known each other since the 1970s, so many memories to reminisce about,

back to the bus stop,

to Gravesend station,

and I was on my way home, in Blackheath the butchers, florist and station opposite the 54 bus stop,

I mentioned on last weeks visit that a couple of bus stops had wildlife gardens on top of them,

I knew there was one here,

it was opposite the one I had seen on my way to see Duncan last week, but this was a new one for myself,

near Peter Pan's pool,

and a third on the way home,

at the entrance to the park,

I stayed on the bus, past Foxgrove Lodge, I wanted to go into town,

to Marks & Spencer's to pick up my evening meal,

a walk home past the green,

into the park,

just in time for a read and a sherry, 'Cheers!',

eyes down and tuck into liver and bacon with mashed potatoes,

for dessert a mango & berry medley, I read until the start of a Lewis, after which Diana arrived home in time for a New Tricks and a Silent Witness, next for us some great news, first thing tomorrow, (Friday), along with Steve and Kai, we will be off to Paris for the weekend, we have tickets for the Eurostar train service, I just hope with all of the travel disruptions all will go well, we will spend Thursday just packing and having a lazy day, so no more posts until next week if we arrive in Paris, and with that we were off to bed.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Stanley and Diana: sounds like a fun trip. 186 mph train ride should get you there in no time, just a couple of hours. Have a fun and safe journey! Stan-watch that shutter finger! Otherwise too many to process and post!
John & Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, it was a fun trip, and guess what? all of the advice I gave myself about taking too many photographs was forgotten as soon as we hit Paris! I hope you enjoy the photographs, best regards, Stan and Diana.