Saturday 17 May 2014

I Have Not Posted Anything About My Stamp Collection,

for some time, so here goes,


 firstly I was lucky enough to be the winning bidder on a complete set of 40 railway poster stamps for 1935, basically the railways would produce posters to advertise various holiday destinations, then they were made smaller and issued as stamps in various publications,

then I was lucky enough to bid on the sister set and again was successful, I had mention Skegness before, and I did already have a Skegness stamp which we had featured on our blog, but it is interesting to note the difference in colour of both stamps, beside each stamp is a copy of the description of each resort,



then from the same seller I managed to buy the third stamp, (the red one), for the 1911 Festal of Empire collection that I had started, many thanks to stevecanddan on eBay,



lastly I manged to buy a couple more of the 1912 Philatelic Congress stamps, these were printed and were given away/purchased at each yearly meeting of congress, like the railway poster and Festival of Empire stamps they could not be used for postage but were souvenirs, not many people collect these types of stamps which many purists class as 'back of book stamps' but for me they are nice for what they are.


No comments: