Saturday 27 February 2021

Diana Had Already Left For Work,

before I started on my walk to town,


although there was a slight frost first thing, it was a nice day with clear blue skies,

my first stop, Pearl Fisheries, we had decided on two dressed crabs as our starter for Sunday's lunch,

a look at what was on offer today, it is great to see local shops making a comeback despite Bromley council's trying to ban cars from parking in the High Street,

remember to use your local shops or lose them, and here are the happy couple helping you to keep to a healthy diet, Wayne and Collette, who demasked for the photograph, two crabs purchased and I was on my way,

to Sainsburys, for the usual bits and pieces,

I mentioned Bromley council trying to stop cars from parking in town, much to the determent of local shops, this is what I mean, at huge expense the council cobbled the parking bays at the edge of the road, when the pavements were made wider, this meant that traffic could only travel as fast as the slowest car, or when one of the 4 buses that use the High Street stopped at a stop all of the traffic stopped as well, but only a few days ago these planters arrived,

so now where people could park for 20 minuets or so and pop into a shop or two, in one of these parking bays,

now there is no parking, Bromley councils efforts to drive cars and customers from small shops in the High Street is working, I am amazed at the money that the council has to be able to afford projects like this to destroy local businesses, but wait a second it is our money that they use for ill conceived projects like this!

walking home back into the park still nice blue skies, hopefully spring is really here,

shopping put away I spent the afternoon playing with some of my stamps and taking them out of their envelopes and putting them into stock sheets,

by now some of the new sheets had arrived with three sections, so I could complete the blocks of stamps I had for the 1947 Royal visit to South Africa,

and the blocks for the 1946 Victory issue

so that is my first album, the stamps now housed properly, only another 8 or so to go!

in the evening a sherry, and a read,

for my starter chicken liver pate and dry toast,

'Cheers!',

liver, bacon, onions and mash for my main course,

eyes down and tuck in!

Diana was asked to work for a few extra hours, so it was not until just before 10.00 in the evening before I walked to the bus stop at the station and home again, then a bit of fun,

Diana decided to see what she would look like with a moustache, and here it is, we watched one episode of Lewis where mention was made of a couples favourite piece of music, which got us thinking for Diana to myself it is a song by Double,

Captain of My Heart, for myself to Diana it could only be a song by the late great John Robert "Joe" Cocker OBE, and his song,

You Are So Beautiful, we continued watching Lewis, the butler did it, and with the end of that we were off to bed.


No comments: