Saturday 20 February 2021

Shopping Today,

Diana was starting work in the afternoon,


and was busy in the flat, I parked up at the Lidl car park, I bought some wine and spiced rum there, leaving them in the car I was then off to the High Street, looking at the Coach and Horses as I went past, I wonder when if ever it will be open again? like so many looking at the news every day, the newspapers or I should say the politicians, move the dates for the opening of non essential shops forwards and backwards, when will it ever end?

the good news is that some restaurants can still open selling takeaway coffee and food, I walked to the far end of town, I needed to get a couple of keys cut, but, you guessed it, the only member of staff that could cut the keys was out, so I left them there, I will call back after shopping,

so into Sainsbury's,

and out again calling into Pearl Fisheries, for a pot of cockles, I then dumped the shopping in the car and I was off,

past the old fire station,

the legend,

back to Deen's to pick up the keys, walk back to the car park and home,

then out again to catch the bus to the shop for some water, I did not take the car, with all of the pavements near to the shop being enlarged parking there is almost impossible, well done Bromley council, so through the park, I was amazed at the number of people there, considering we are supposed to be in a lockdown, social distancing seems to be a thing of the past as well,

into the shop Kingfisheries in Croydon Road, for some RO water, and then home,

in the evening my meal,

for a starter prawn cocktail and some smoked salmon,

next some nan bread, with onion bhajis, chicken tikka masala and chicken jalfrezi, plus pilau rice,

eyes down and tuck in,

for dessert 2 cream cones,

delicious! I listen to music until Diana called just before 11.00 in the evening, a walk to the bus stop and home, feet up for a coffee and a chat, next for us we were off to bed.


No comments: