Wednesday 14 April 2021

Early Tuesday Morning,

I was on my way to the bus stop,


to walk with Diana back home, we arrived back at 02.00AM after a chat and a coffee we were off to bed,

a few hours later at 08.00 AM there I was waiting outside of Eden Park Garage,

another motorist waiting for the garage to open,

the last time I used the car a warning light advised me that the water level was low for the windscreen washer, so I bought a 5 litter bottle of fluid and refilled it, only to see the fluid slowly drain from the bottom of the car, so appointment made here I was, 2 hours and £84 late and I was on my way home, in the afternoon Diana was off to work, I watched some television, after my evening meal there was a fascinating program on one of the channels,

 it featured Guy Martin and his building of a full size World War1 tank, in the documentary he collects a number of experts and in several months the tank is ready to rumble along the streets of Lincoln on Remembrance Day, the TV daredevil wanted to drive the WW1 replica through the city, which is the birthplace of the tank, on 11 November, but alas so many objects were raised by the police, who welcomed the idea, that the event had to be cancelled, Ch Supt Mark Housley said the force was "thrilled" when it heard the tank would come to the city but "several issues were raised", but here is the good news, the French were thrilled to have the battle tank used near where the first tanks were used in anger at Cambrai, Northern France, so on Armistice Day on Saturday, November 11th the tank burst into life on French soil, great news for Guy and the crew, just a shame for the people of Lincoln who would I guess have been delighted to see it,

I then watched Aliens and Cowboys, I had watched the film before, but it was good fun to watch again, just after midnight Diana called, and sang me Happy Birthday over the telephone, it was now the 14th. April and I was 71 years old, I walked to the bus stop and by just after 01.00AM we were home, where after a coffee and a chat about what we were going to do on my birthday when we woke up, but first it was party time in the Philippines,

many, many thanks to everyone, I hope the party went well and everyone had a more than a few beers! we will catch up with the beers later! and then we 
were off to bed.


No comments: