Saturday 26 June 2021

I Find This Story Totally Amazing,

as far as chess is concerned,


I can lose a game in the minimum number of moves time after time, which is why I find Jessica Lauser so amazing, image credit: Dave Ruff/ CNN she was born blind, suffering from retinopathy due to being born four months prematurely, Lauser’s one eye is completely blind, and the other eye only has 20/480 eyesight, which means that she has very little to no depth perception, "I knew that the kids were going to call me 'four eyes,' and I said, 'Hey, maybe if I beat them, then they will finally shut up,'" Lauser said, "When I saw that a child could beat an adult in this game, (I knew) there was obviously something special and different about this chess. It meant that it wasn't something that depended on the fact that somebody was stronger than someone else or that they had to see like everyone else. There was something special about (the game) that made me want to learn more." and she did! Today, Jessica Lauser has dozens of major accolades in chess. She is a three-time US blind chess champion. Lauser aims to be a chess master in the future, for more about her story pop over to CNN. truly amazing.


No comments: