Wednesday 23 January 2013

Diana Continued To Clean The House,

today the room that our computer and DVD's are in,


 so I decided to pot the plants we had bought on Saturday,

 this one an Elephant Ear plant (Xanthosoma sagittifolium), variety black shield, the first one did not do so well, so we decided to try another and move it out of all day sunlight,

 then for the cactus bowls I bought his Aloe, this was one of the three plants we bought for 100 baht,

 there are about 250 - 300 of them in the family group, I have to say that I do not have a clue as to which one this is,

 or these two,

 which were both part of the 3 for 100 baht deal,

 after a few years they should get a flower spike that hopefully has a nice fragrance,

 one of the succulents has grown all over the place,

 this is the spot for one of the Aloe's,

and there it is all done, but in planting it I did make one discovery, I am watering the cactus once a week, but the soil seemed very damp, so I am reducing the watering to once every two weeks, I think the one that died found the soil too wet,

 the other two squeezed in,

 I am also wondering if the one that can not stand up is doing so because it too is comparatively water logged,

 Diana worked her magic touch on the room the computer is in,

 everything looks so tidy,

 but it is going to take me weeks to find out where all of my papers and junk has been put!

after our evening meal it was time to watch some more of that excellent series Silent Witness, tonight we started on series 7, the good news it is as gritty and watchable as all of the previous series, then for us we were off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good women and a dirty house don't go hand in hand.

Daryle

PattayaStan said...

Dear Daryle, too true, the house is always spotless, but it was more of an exercise in moving things around to make more space, we seem to accumulate so much stuff, so lots of things were moved to an outside store room at the back of the house, so you can bet over the next few days I will be calling in there to retrieve things that I thought I did not need! best regards, Stan and Diana.