Tuesday 19 February 2013

I Really Had To Take A Double Take,

when I looked at these pictures,


 I have often seen similar paintings or pictures of fantastic mountains in China, but never at night with illuminated cites below them,

they are of course photographic collages made by Chinese artist Yang Yongliang, who recently released three new bodies of work that will be on view at Galerie Paris-Beijing from from March 14th to April 27th, 2013, Yongliang is known for his sprawling photographic collages that depict the devastating effects of uncontrolled urbanisation and industrialisation,
 

at a distance the works look like traditional Chinese painting and calligraphy which was what fooled me, but when viewed up close the peaceful mountains and seascapes are found to be choked with buildings, factories, and machinery, I just hope it never happens for real.

No comments: