Saturday 2 February 2013

Off To The Dentist,

for the second part of my root canal treatment,


we parked in the Friendship car park as we wanted to buy a few things there later,

also it was handy for the dentist, Dr. Chanis who's surgery is just opposite on Pattaya Tai,

after the procedure I made my way into the market just as Diana was sitting down to eat,

I took a few pictures of some of the goods on offer, like these shirts,

and of course lots of jeans,

walking past the aquatic store I noticed some tinfoil barbs (Barbonymus schwanenfeldii), but the gold variety for sale at just 10 baht each,

so I bought 5 for each aquarium,

whilst there another customer was catching her own fish,

lots of fish food to chose from, but we had enough for a few more weeks,

one of the mobile towel stalls,

the durian season started a few weeks ago, so now the durian carts are here,

along with the duck and rice stall,

whilst looking around I bought myself three shirts,

we meet up in the café for a ice coffee each, Diana gave my choice the nod of approval,

after shopping at Friendship we drove over to see Slim Jim and have a coffee there, on our way back a quick call into KPK Foods for some of their nice Cumberland sausages,

after dropping the shopping off I made my way to the bike repair shop on Soi 17,

the ignition key had started to drop out of the lock with the engine still running,

the lock was just old and worn out, the good news was that one was in stock and work began immediately,

the old lock now almost ready to be replaced,

and there it was with lots of bits of my bike,

work was going on with another bike at the same time,

then the bad news, it was the wrong lock, so rather than reassemble all of the bits taken off then do the same thing late tomorrow afternoon when the new lock arrives I took the bike home like this,

arriving home I noticed that the now chopped down tree had sprouted a fungus growth on it,

part of the dieing process I guess,

it will be interesting to see how big they grow,

by now it was time for the weekend night market on Theprisitt Road, the sun going down looking towards Jomtien,

then looking inland,

one of the mobile stalls making it's way along one of the aisles,

I am not quiet sure what is going to be sold opposite the bar this evening,

but there are lots of mango's on offer here,

for some reason the food aisles were really crowded,

whereas there was hardly a soul at the clothes part of the market,

with just a few customers in the pet section,

these must be the two best feed lizards for miles around,

the live behind the tray that contains their favourite food, mealworms, every so often one of them races to the mass of food grabs one and makes off with it, the mealworms are normally used to feed birds, I wonder if the owner has noticed a difference in his stock of mealworms!

sunset over the market looking towards Jomtien,

one of the clothes aisles,

as I made my way back to the bar I walked past one of the stalls that sells fruit shakes,

whilst at the bar we were joined by Brian,

 his wifes cousin Nan and his wife Sa,

and also Mr. Tony, who came back home with us,

where Diana cooked us both a cottage pie each,

during the evening we watched Shrek 2 which was great fun,

to round the evening off we started to watch a television mini series, To the Ends of the Earth, which was broadcast in 2005, in the early 1800s young Edmund Talbot travels to New South Wales to take up a post with its governor, he keeps a journal, recording his impressions of crew and passengers, after a couple of hours we said our goodbyes to Mr. Tony, then for us we were off to bed.

No comments: