Tuesday 4 February 2014

After Looking At A 1991 Advertisement,

for Radio Shack,



a couple of days ago, I decided to look at a few advertisements from further back in time, these from 'Pick Me Up' magazine, 1891 caught my eye, can you imagine the fun if things got a bit hectic? 



I can just imagine the comments from the neighbors below as salt water came through their ceiling! in the second advertisement I noticed the price had risen, inflation was about even then, but here are few more from the same era,


now I could do with one of these, but it only takes up 6 inches square of floor room?


with no television or radios home entertainment was all the rage,


a Victorian franchises scheme?


I wonder if any one won?


10,000 testimonials can not all be wrong,

 back to home entertainment,



 magazines even gave away free gifts all of those years ago,


there is hope for me yet!


now this is serious money, even today,


the jewelers in the Strand, I wonder if it is still there today?


 a photographic detective agency?

 anther home sound system,


and this one is my favorite, the scientific page, the fun you could have with just a few of these and there are thousands more on offer!


No comments: