Friday 22 September 2023

Back To Wednesday,

now I am almost usual self,


the stomach ache of Wednesday still a tad painful, so here is the day it all began, first thing out to visit Duncan, a chilly and rather windy day, 

on to the number 54 bus and passing Peter Pan's Pool,

Lewisham market open as usual,

the florist next to the station had one side of their display already outside,

this week some different coloured heathers,

I popped into the greengrocers along from the station, no cob nuts, but I was lucky to find that this years chestnuts had arrived, so 1 kilo later and I was on my way,

at the station good news, no changing trains at Dartford,

two upline trains to London arrived and left as I was waiting, 

alighting at Gravesend a rush to the bank, I had a cheque to pay in,

and it was a good job that I rushed, as I turned the corner my bus was waiting, luckily a queue was waiting to board so I joined the back of that, off at the hill to the nursing home,

I made my way towards the entrance, arriving at Duncan's room he was not his usual self, unfortunately it was I guess one of the day's when he did not sleep well during the night, he found it difficult not to keep nodding off, so after some time we said our farewells,

and I  made a move for home,

on the way to the 483 bus stop I noticed these, berries,

the tree was covered in them, 

off of the bus and good news the train was on its way, the bad news my stomach really started hurting, 

then an announcement, the train would arrive on platform 1, so like everyone else over the foot bridge and down again, arriving at Blackheath the bus was packed, so I was not on the side to take photographs on the way home, but take my word for it, the building with the scaffolding still had scaffolding! 

I really wanted to go straight home, but we were nearly out of milk and I said I would buy it as it is heavy for Diana to buy, so into Lidl,

I looked at the plants for sale, 

lots of palms,

and not many cut flowers, arriving home I felt just so awful, it was mid afternoon, all I wanted to do was lay down, so off to bed, I am guessing about in 11.00 the evening after fitfully sleeping Diana arrived home, surprised I was in bed, we had a quick chat before Diana too was off to bed.


No comments: