Tuesday 31 October 2023

I Had Arranged To Stay In,

all day today,


twice already cards had been left by the Post Office to say they could not deliver a parcel, both days they called I was in, I am almost sure they did not buzz the buzzer, so today I left a note outside with they 'fail to deliver' cards, and guess what? success! parcel delivered, but as I was in all day and Diana was at work I decided to change the photographs I had taken in the 12 photograph frames we have on our living room wall, all of these I took using the infrared camera, and processed them as I normally do, I know infrared photography is not to everyone's taste, but I enjoy playing with them once they are out of the camera, above a lake and skyscraper at Bang San, Thailand,

the 'Walkie-Talkie' building, London,

the carousel at the Eiffel Tower, Paris,

black sand at Santorini, Greece,

Palm House, Kew Gardens, London,

Keston Ponds, Bromley, UK

church, Santorini, Greece,

steps in Coombe Woods, South Croydon, UK

miniature railway, York, UK

stranger on the shore, Orkney, Scotland,

hydro power station, Scotland,

the weir at Bath, UK

and here they are, 

as I mentioned not to everyone's taste, but I like them, if you want to know more about how I process my infrared photographs have a look at this page on our infrared blogsite, this is my infrared camera set up, 

 our daily Lumix G8 now joins its converted infrared brother, which I had converted at Protech Photographic a few years ago, and good they were too, so normal pictures in one and infrared in the other, note the remotes where the flash would normally be, although it does not look it, both cameras and lenses are exactly the same, just that one had a infrared only sensor in it,

the camera on the left is the infrared converted one, on the right the normal camera, the reason for the remotes is if you want to take a long exposure and have two cameras taking pictures of the same scene in a different way, in my case one normal and one infrared, it is difficult not to have the cameras suffer from camera shake when touching and pressing both shutter buttons, so as well as the mounting rail, I use both cameras timers to give a 2 second delay in operating, note the difference in colour in the screens, as one camera 'sees' differently to the other, if you want see my efforts so far from a few years ago, have a look here at our infrared blog, just before I was finished Diana arrived home, so it was a couple of quiz shows before our evening meal, after which a couple from Midsomer Murder on ITVX before Diana had a early night, for myself,

it was Outside the Wire, it got panned my many, but for myself a 'normal' soldier joins a android and takes on the enemy! great special effects, the GUMPS, robot soldiers were really impressive, I should say that I am only making one post today, tomorrow great news! Diana has almost the day off, so we will be up early and leaving for our day out, and with that I was off to bed.


No comments: