Sunday 22 October 2023

I Was Out Early,

to go to work!


into a grey drizzly day, 

as I walked out of the park, there was my bus, pulling away from the stop and disappearing into the distance,

but I was in luck another soon arrived, then into Kingfisheries, to help Graham out for the day as Carl is on holiday, so for the next few Saturdays I will be here, at the close of play my feet were so sore, I was just not used to walking around the shop all day, it was also slightly surreal, as the hearing in my left ear had not returned, I did not know if I was talking quietly or loudly, and at times I had to ask the customers to repeat themselves, hopefully the drops will work over the next few days and I will be back to normal, 

 I got off of the number 54 bus and walked past Foxgrove lodge, as it started to drizzle,

it then got worst as I neared home, where I arrived with a dry top, but soaked trousers, still not to worry, 

as it was time for my read and sherry before our meal,

we started with deep fried breaded prawns and a mayonnaise dip,

we had different main courses Diana made herself a noodle dish, 

and for myself two crisply duck legs with broccoli, sauté potatoes with bacon bits and onions, delicious!

and I had to have a 'Cheers!', we did not have a dessert as we were so full,

then a real treat, photograph Picalt, the first episode of Little Trains Big Names, each week Pete Waterman who is a train nut like myself will take a look at the railway sets of famous people, in tonights episode the railway layout of a favourite of ours Jools Holland, as it happens we went to one of his concerts in June 2022, the programme looked at the trains of not only Jools but a huge display being made by Pete, for myself great fun as I remembered my own train layout I built in Thailand, 

and here it is, 

the layout was about 16 feet long, 

with 4 continuous loop tracks,

I say I made it, 

but Diana made the trees,

I made the tunnels,

and laid the track,

and here it is, the video, the layout not quite finished, back to Saturday evening we then watched a double helping of Midsomer Murder, before we were off to bed.


No comments: