Friday 30 December 2011

I Have Split This In Two Posts,

so continuing our tour,


the downside is the this is the second post so if you want it to follow on read the next post first, in the words of my hero D'Oh!, it was safety hats on,


and we were clear to go,

I have to say if you have not been here it is one of the few palaces I enjoy going to time and again,



the last time I was here this part of the building was being worked on,



to give you some idea of scale of the temple look at almost the centre of the shot and look for a yellow safety hat,




I have zoomed in, there it is,



lost in the vastness of the building,



once again this wing, one of four, was being repaired the last time I was here, now all finished,




I just love the way some of the sculptures look like they are flying,



many with so much detail,



 I have to say this place is a photographers paradise,



I just wish I had a camera without dust in it!



but at least the dust does not show in this picture,



or this one,



but unfortunately here the three pieces of dust can easily be seen,


and here as well,



it is a shame that camera manufactures can not it appears make a camera that lasts longer than 6 months, naturally the world wide guarantee does not work in Thailand, shame on you Panasonic,


but to be fair the same criticism can be levelled at Sony and Fuji, when after the same period of time, (6 months), my camera has failed and yet again a visit to,the main agent has result in, 'world wide guarantee, not in Thailand' even if the address is printed in the owners hand book,



so it appears that next week I will yet again be buying a new camera, but back to the visit, Steve and Kai make the pose,




three elephants and a I do not know what,



Steve and Kai were captivated by the size of the temple,

our guide was most informative,



and there were lots of photo opportunities,



two tourists marvelling at the size of the structure,



another picture opportunity,



again our guide was a wealth of information,



explaining how wood joints were made,


also this calender, which if use correctly could tell you your day of birth from 1800 to 2050,



a view along the side of the side of the building,



the inside is even more spectacular,
in another one of the four wings, the last time I was here this protocol was being repaired, now finished,




the base of one of the columns we saw in the workshop,



the carvings must have taken so many hours,



just this one alone, what do you think? 20, 50, 100 hours? I really do not know,



and every where you look that are more,



at the end of the tour we visit the family shrine,



a nice end to a fascinating afternoon, a great place and it must be on your 'to do' lists if ever you visit Pattaya,


next stop a meal at the Pink Kitchen on Soi 17, a few years ago a dear friend, Mad Mick, hi by the way, said that it was a nice place to have a reasonably priced meal on Soi 17, so we thought we would try it, so a beer and onion soup for me,




and some Thai food for Steve and Kai,

'Cheers!', from all of us,



I had a 160 baht pepper steak, which was very nice,



the view of the restaurant from the road,



then home to 388, where Steve and Kai put a present for Diana under the tree, honey I know you will like this one! miss you,

then a night cap at the Punch & Judy, well I was told to pose,
so it was a 'Cheers!' and good night for Steve and myself, by now it was late so for Steve and Kai, followed by myself it was off to bed.

No comments: