Saturday 3 March 2012

And There Was Me Thinking Was Hogwarts Real!

well I know it is not now,

of course I knew it was a model, but I had to catch your attention, I really enjoy all of the Potter movies so when I saw this I had to put it on the blog, the model and other props are going on tour, the castle, which was based on Durham Cathedral and Alnwick Castle, is now due to go on display as part of The Making Of Harry Potter studio tour at Leavesden Studios, near Watford and also as part of the Warner Bros Harry Potter studio tour in London from March 31,




this from the tour guide, 'You'll have the chance to go behind-the-scenes and see many things the camera never showed, from breathtakingly detailed sets to stunning costumes, props and animatronics, Warner Bros, Studio Tour London provides a unique showcase of the extraordinary British artistry, technology and talent that went into making the most successful film series of all time, the three-hour tour will also take Harry Potter fans inside the Great Hall and Dumbledore’s office, visitors will also be able to step onto cobbles of Diagon Alley, walking past the the shop fronts of Ollivanders wand shop, Flourish and Blotts, the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, Gringotts Wizarding Bank and Eeylops Owl Emporium, iconic props from the films, including Harry’s Nimbus 2000 broomstick and Hagrid’s motorcycle will be on display alongside life-sized models of some of the creatures from the films, other film sets included in the tour include the Gryffindor common room, the boys’ dormitory, Hagrid’s hut, Potion’s classroom and Professor Umbridge’s office at the Ministry of Magic',




sounds like a great tour, the only downside is that I guess it will be packed with visitors, but I wish I was there.

No comments: