Sunday 21 July 2013

As My Computer,

thanks to me had gone on strike,     
 
 
I was using Diana's laptop when it happened, I was about half way through typing yesterdays post, you know me with anything to do with electrics, the laptop disengaged itself from the Internet, no matter what I did it would not reconnect, I just kept receiving dire warnings about Trojans, viruses and other threats, just then Wattana Computers called to cancel todays visit and asked if they could reschedule for Monday, but I explained that the laptop had crashed so could they fix that so I have a computer over the weekend?


no problem, so off I went to Wattana, the side car park entrance is pictured above, it is almost opposite Foodland on Central Road, if you go there the car park is to the side and rear of the building, cutting a long story short, just as I was typing the Internet security program we had bought with the computer had run out, naturally I had lost the password, so the technician kindly reinstalled the program, gave the laptop a complete check over and all was well, the fee for more than a few hours work which I watched was a very reasonable 300 baht, I am so glad we bought the laptop at Wattana, so off home computer repaired to finish the post,

as it was the third Saturday of the month it was time to give the aquariums a water change, so water out and all was going swimmingly well till, did I mention I always have problems with things electrical? with the aquariums half empty, 

the power went out, which meant there was no way of filling the aquariums, just my luck!
 
the fish were not happy!
 
the good news was that after Diana had stopped laughing the power came back on after an hour or so,

so it was refill the aquariums,
 
which put the fish in a better mood,

so I guess they will start speaking to me midweek after giving them a fright that they were going to live in just half the water they were used to,
 
for tonight's bar-b-q we needed some peppers, so off to the market,

note to self, park on the road not in the quagmire the motorbike park had become due to it raining all day,

then time to light the bar-b-q,

lots of smoke as usual, then it caught,

then produced more smoke, but eventually all was well,

our feast for this evening, hotdogs for Diana, wholemeal garlic bread for both of us along with prawn kebabs, then for a change Diana had also prepared some chicken kebabs,

'Cheers!',

Diana busy with the grill,

prawn kebabs with pineapple, with the onion bom-bom cooking nicely,

next on some more bread and hotdogs,

with a glass of wine they were delicious,

after a break the chicken kebabs went on,

watching the sky we noticed this effect in the clouds, it did not photograph well, but it almost looked like a vertical rainbow,

during the course of the meal our new house guests, the birds, had been making a fearful racket, I guess they did not like us being near their nest that was in the roof of the house,

as nest builders go they need a few lessons, this is material that did not make it into the nest, there was even more on the ground, this is now their second try at raising a family, the last time it looked like two youngsters were raised, maybe more this time?

then to the chicken kebabs, which as you might expect were done to perfection,
 
after watching the night sky we made a move indoors for a couple more from Poirot,

    
When a reclusive painter is found dead, Poirot finds the vital clue in the dead man's last meal,
 
The Third Floor Flat 
   
Poirot investigates a murder that hits close to home after the new occupant of a flat two floors below his is found shot,
 
then for us it was it was time for bed.

 

No comments: