Sunday 15 June 2014

We Did Some Shopping Locally During The Day,

and then it was time for our bar-b-q,


 'Cheers!',

 for our starters garlic bread,

 and New Zealand mussels,

 then it was time for my weekly trial by smoke and fire,

 by this stage the smoke was winning,

 but soon the fire took,

 and there was no more smoke,

the last time we had a bar-b-q the charcoal started a mini fireworks display as minor explosions threw lots of sparks into the air, well it just so happened that I bought this weeks charcoal from another shop,


and this charcoal was worse,

 it was banging and crackling almost nonstop,

 with some of the mini explosions not so mini!,

 so I retreated to a safe distance and let Diana start the cooking, 

 we had both decided on a steak each, a rib eye for Diana and a rump steak for myself,

 served with a baked potato and peas,

 and cooked medium, just as I like it, on the flavor front I have to say that Diana's rib eye certainly had the edge on my rump steak, so next tine we have steaks rib eyes all round,

 then a real treat and a surprise, Diana had made a rhubarb crumble with custard,

delicious, so we skipped the Magnum ice cream dessert, after chatting the evening away we went inside a watched a movie on TMN, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: