Saturday 26 March 2016

As It Is Friday,

and we are going to the weekend night market,



 we decided on a beef stew for this evening's meal,

 so off to Friendship we went,

 we also decided to buy some fresh fruit at Soi Bukaow market, as it was market day Pattaya Tai was busy,

 marian plums, delicious,


 I made my way into the covered market,

 past the dried fish and fruit stall,

 there are tables if you fancy,

 some of the many items on offer,

 I have seen this contraption before,

 and still think it is so neat, a chain turns the food on the sticks continually, making sure they are cooked evenly,

 then the aroma of popcorn filled the air,

 I made my way through the market past jewelry stalls,

 and ones with dresses in a rainbow of colors,

 eventually arriving at the pet section,

 where someone was buying a fish or two,

 also in this section there are a couple of souvenir stalls,

 as I left the market a mobile sweetcorn seller came in,

 I made my way back out of he market past the motorbike repair shop,

 where I spotted this neat way of using worn discs, weld a few together and you have an ideal seat for working on motorbikes,

 I made my way back to Friendship,

 and meet up with Diana, a quick stop at the ice drinks stall,

 sweetcorn must be in season as another mobile sweetcorn seller walked past,

 arriving home the bike was weighted down,

 with food and fruit,

 next stop the weekend night market on Thepprasit Road,

 looking towards Jomtien,

 and inland, not a cloud in the sky,

 the Hollywood mobile disco truck needed no announcement as it drove past at full volume,

 handbags and a clothes stall opposite the bar this evening,

 more cross pieces have been added to the structure during the week,

 some still waiting to be painted,

 I could not quite make out what these Fabergé like eggs were,

 until I zoomed in, toothpick holders!

 where the new covered over area finished,

 the once covered area was still open to the elements,

 previously,

 all of this area had a permanent rain/sun covering,

 I looked at some velvet art,

 before looking at the pet section,

 and back towards the road,

 the same cat I saw last week asleep was back in the same place, asleep,

 and one of the others said hello as I passed,

 sunset over the market,

 I made my way back towards the road,

 then under the new structure,

 to the bar,

 where a couple of mobile egg sellers walked past,

 tonight Brian and myself were serenaded by a duo of violin players as Diana continued shopping,

 and another cat we had not seen before called in at the bar, we said our farewells to Brian and made a move for home,

 where we were greeted with the most delicious aroma, beef stew with dumplings, after our evening meal there was a Judge Judy omnibus so we watched her all evening till late, it is amazing how so many litigants arrive with no supporting paperwork and are then dismayed when Judge Judy finds for the litigant who can show a paper trail to prove their claim, considering that in September 1996, Judge Judy first appeared in national syndication and is now watched by an estimated 10 million viewers I would have thought that someone who was going to appear on the show would have watched one or more of the 5,425 as of June 4, 2015 episodes and come prepared, but there it is, with that we were off to bed.


No comments: