Friday 11 March 2016

We Should Have Gone Fishing Today,

with Nick and Maureen,


 but by midday Wednesday I was still in dire straights, I knew I could not make it so we called to cancel the day, by Wednesday evening things had improved slightly, but on Thursday morning our decision to cancel was vilified, the good news was that as the day wore on I was beginning to feel somewhat better and in the afternoon had a proper meal and some fresh fruit, by the evening I was beginning to feel my usual self and was starting to return to normal, all in all ill for four nearly five days, it seemed like forever, but as I type this Friday morning it is all in the past, I did pop out and take a few pictures, another of Diana's stinky cactus had flowered, the flower itself not even an inch across in the center of the picture,

 I zoomed in for a closer look,

 it was only then that I could see that what looked like a smooth velvet flower had lots of small arrowheads facing towards the centre of the flower, it is amazing the number and diversity of these different stinky cactus flowers,

whilst outside we picked two of the lemons, I grant you they are not exactly lemon shaped or lemon colour but one made a great drink, the other Diana will freeze and grate over my morning and evening sandwich, as a bonus they are seed free,

 the mushrooms had, if you can believe your eyes, doubled in size overnight, garlic mushrooms on toast for breakfast tomorrow! after our evening meal we watched a number of shows about antiques, Antique Roadshow, Bargain Hunt, Cash in the Attic and a couple more, we rounded the evening off with two more from the splendid series Death in Paradise and with that and a hope of not having to rush to the bathroom in the middle of the night, we were off to bed.


No comments: