Saturday 19 March 2016

I Called Into The Tile Shop,

on Pattaya Tai,


 I have a small project in mind,

 and wanted to find the cost of a few tiles,

 the shop is near the top of Pattaya Tai almost opposite this Big C sign, the staff there took good care of me offering me water or coffee whilst they telephoned for the price of just a few tiles, the gentleman there also spoke perfect English, so a great place to go if you need bathroom, kitchen or roof tiles,

 next stop Friendship, I bought some limes for this evening,

 Pattaya Tai not busy at all considering it was market day,

 I called in to the Kodak shop opposite to have some pictures printed,

 I then dropped my motorcycle off at the repair shop to be serviced and have an annoying oil leak fixed, to past the time I walked to Pattaya Tai for a coffee, but spotted this lady coming towards me with her new television, I do not know if it is just me, but for the sake of a baht bus fare I would have thought that a safer way to transport my new purchase home, but there it is,

 I was on the corner of the road that leads to the back of TukCom, a new shop has opened,

 opposite the Day Night Hotel which is being refurbished,

 and this is where I had my coffee,

 I walked back to the bike shop, my motorbike fully serviced, oil, filters and plug changed, brakes cleaned and adjusted, plus the oil leak hopefully stopped, 150 baht, bargain!

 work continued on another machine as I waited for my change,

 then it was time for the weekend night market on Thepprasit Road,

 looking towards Jomtien,

 the Za Sha store open this evening,

 clear blue skies looking inland,

 not a lot happening opposite the bar this evening,

 or where the new building ends,

 but there has been one major change,

 all of the once covered over area,

 now has no cover, for some reason during the week it had all been removed,

 not many customers in the pet section this week,

 but plenty of goods for sale,

 I had a quick look in the aquatic store,

 sunset over the market,

 I made my way back to the road, meeting one of the ice cream sellers on the way,

 I watched a group being shown around,

 this evening both the peanut seller and the violinist were on the steps,

 the peanut seller listening to the music,

 as the young lady played,

 next the performance was drowned out as the Hollywood disco truck roared past, its speakers turned up so loud it nearly made our ears bleed!

 tonight we were joined by Brian and Jim,

 and then Cher who had been shopping, tonight finished with a touch of sadness as Jim and Cher are embarking on 30 hours in the air to arrive home back in the USA starting tomorrow, but will be back here again for Christmas,

 we said our goodbyes to Brian and wished Jim and Cher a safe trip and made a move for the Punch and Judy,

 we were going to have a home made beef stew but then changed our minds, the Friday special fish and chips for myself,

a gammon steak for Diana, next stop home feet up, some Judge Judy and we were off to bed.


No comments: