Friday 23 December 2022

In The Morning,

I had a walk into town,


someone had used a blower to remove the leaves from most of the pathway, which was nice as they were turning to slush,

a Merry Christmas to our usual postman,

the weather had warmed considerably over the last couple of days,

and this is where I was going, Godfrey's locksmiths,

 one of the communal doors had developed a problem with locking, so I took a few photographs of it as requested, an appointment was made for the next day for him to call round, in the afternoon after Diana had left for work I realised it must be nearly Christmas, the number of old favourite Christmas films that were being shown, 

I decided on Casablanca, great film, which always seems to pop up on television Christmas schedules, after a couple of quiz shows and the final of BattleBots I decide to watch,

 Public Enemies I had watched it a couple of times before, the first time I thought it rather drawn out, but having watched now it seems suitably paced, the Feds try to take down notorious American gangsters John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd during a booming crime wave in the 1930s, an enjoyable movie, with more than a grain of truth in the telling, for me in real life, the role of Melvin Purvis showed just how tenacious the 'G-Men' as they were called had become, after which Diana arrived home,

so time for three days of reveals, for some reason we had forgotten the previous two days,

a liquid lipstick, as I mentioned before I have never heard of this product, I always thought lipstick came out of one of those twisty things, well it does in the films I watch! next a makeup sponge, and lastly a lip liner, we rounded the evening off with a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: