Friday 19 September 2008

Cafe des Amis

The restaurant of the year! a big claim to make but this treasure off the beaten track has all of our votes as the find of the year, situated behind the large Persian styled building on the hill going from Pattaya to Jomtien it is easy to find if you go down soi 9,11 or 13, handy map, the Persian styled building,

or looking at the camels on the front Egyptian style building?

Diana looking forward to the meal,

Diana, Jeff and Da out side Cafe des Amis, and of course I had to have my picture taken with the lovely ladies! inner courtyard of Cafe des Amis,

inside, very tastefully decorated,

Da, with the hostest Pai and Jeff,

myself, Pia and Diana,

the attention to detail was very impressive, even the napkins had the restaurants name embroidered on them,

Jeff ordering the food,

Diana, as lovely as ever and Pia,

myself with strangely enough a drink in my hand and Pia,

the happy couple,

for me a starter of crab meat with mayonnaise wrapped in a lettuce leaf, delicious!

smoked chicken starter for Diana,

lamb shank main course for me,

smoked duck for Diana,

steak for Jeff, pork for Da, I like the way all high class restaurants have napkins with a button hole in them, so you can attach therm to your shirt, Jeff loves bread, so he was happy to see the sixth item on this list, for me I always forget my glasses. so I was happy to see they were available,

brandy flambeed bananas for Diana's desert,

English owner Blue, Pia and one of the waitresses, in what I can only describe as a perfect evening, there was nothing to fault, house wine was a very reasonable 695 baht a bottle, we had 2 bottles, we also had drinks before the meal, we all had a starter, main course and desert for 2,400 baht per couple which taking everything in consideration we all thought extremely good value for money, also I should have said the music was perfect, no speakers in the restaurant, so no direct sound to the ears, just nice gentle quite music, just what we want when having a meal and a chat, well done to Blue, Pia, the English chef whose name escapes me and all of the staff of Cafe des Amis, I wish them all the best for the future.

No comments: