Sunday 21 March 2010

Tomorrow Mahendra And Friends Are Leaving Thailand For The Philippines,

so early morning I called into Lukdod,
this is the view if you travel along to it on the road that runs past CareFore,
I had to go back to see if the glasses that were out of stock last week had been replaced, Steve had asked me to buy 3 pairs to give to Mahendra to take back for him, this was about 9.30 in the morning, the place was deserted,
there were some new figures on the way in, even at 9.30 this place is normally heaving with tourists,
but not today,
I took these 3 shots at the checkout counter as quick as the camera would focus and shoot, not a soul in sight,
new for this week a mermaid,
as I have said before from the outside it does not appear very big, but inside it is huge,
this is at the start of the walk to the entrance,
next stop Sabai Resort, near the Big C on Second Road,
if you are looking for a nice clean resort this is it, the boys were staying at the rear of the resort along this corridor,
then on the left through this doorway,
it is like a resort within a resort, the area has its own swimming pool and 8 person jacuzzi,
we all meet up in Mahendra's room,
and very nice it was to,
everything inside and out was immaculate,
this is the brochure,
a bit small to read but the number is +66 (0) 38 362 472 to 6, one of the better quality places in Pattaya,
then it was goodbye to the intrepid golfing team,
next stop pick up Mick and off to the boat yard to see his boat,
this is it, a 5 meter speed boat, chrome and fittings already removed and the paint being sanded off,
a very proud new owner, he has past his Captains exam at the marine harbour office, in case you are interested for a small boat you only need a Captains licence, however if the boat goes over a certain size a Captain and engineer must be on board at all times when out to sea, above is the first of the paint being removed,
work carries on next door on another craft,
another boat being prepared,
the engine with the power tilt and other items loaded up in the back of the truck,
we dropped those off at Micks then it was to Friendship to do the shopping, we only bought a few things as we knew that Mr. Tony and Big Jim are abroad,
more trees! I spent a bit of time planting the trees that Diana had made yesterday,
we are running out of big pieces of sea moss, so I am infilling with smaller 'bushes' we need to save some of the big pieces for the other hill, but I can not start on that till some of the under growth arrives via Joe,
I have not glued the trees in place yet,
then on to the evening, just the four of us, Mass and Mick,
Diana and myself, Diana cooked pork chop and chips, we chatted mainly about things marine that Mick had to learn for the Captains exam, also how many broken bones it would take to learn how to water ski, then it was time to say bye,
we settled down to watch a DVD, then Diana remember yesterday she had bought some strawberries, so we snacked on them,
whilst watching The Day After Tomorrow, we had seen it before, but still good to watch, well some of it was as I fell asleep! so then it was off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stanley, surely you mean affected, not effected. For f's sake get a grip.
By the way your opening "Diana and myself" is totally out of order.
It should be "Diana and me" or "Diana and I"
If Essex boys can't speak properly it really is too bad.
Regards, Jim.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jim, waht an insult to Essex bouys! I waz born in Souh East Lundun, as you may have read in a much earlier post my secret is out, I am totally dyslectic, most of my friends knew that, for instance without a spell checker for me bowrn, brwon, bworn and brown all look the same, so it is an uphill struggle, but still no excuse for bad grammar, so I will repeat 100 times 'I will get better!' second thoughts no I will not, I will get on with the blog! So look out for more howlers as there is going to be lots of them! best regards, Stan and Diana, p.s. hope you like the blog, Stan.