Wednesday 25 July 2012

Another Slow Day In The News,

for things that we find interesting, amusing or just plain weird!


so straight on with today's post, I was still not happy with my banks change of policy, opening at 10.00 which was not a big problem, but waiting for Bangkok head office to give permission to write a letter confirming my balance for over an hour was, it meant that I was late for the morning opening at immigration, what would have taken less than a few hours was now going to take nearly two full days, plus I would have to surrender my passport for the whole weekend,


as a matter of interest it is illegal not to have your passport on you at all times, you are of course given a small piece of paper with a number on it to show that it is in immigration if your passport is asked for, all very well and good but explain that to the man on the beat if stopped or in an accident and you can not produce your passport! 


so I decided to take a trip to another bank to ask if and when I had to have my passbook made up and a letter issued could it be done here locally or would I have wait here for permission from Bangkok to issue it or worse still go to Bangkok to pick it up? the assistant I spoke to looked at me as if I was totally mad and asked why go to Bangkok, stating that we issue the letter here for hundreds of retirees, just go up stairs and it will be done immediately, happily the assistant spoke surprisingly good English and was amazed when I said that UOB has just decided on not writing the letters locally, the bank also has no plans to open at 10.00 unlike my bank, so with a 1,000 baht note, passport and proof of address I opened a new bank account here,

so it was back to my bank to inform them that like them I also wished to change my banking policy, I gave them the details of my new bank account and our years spending money was transferred in seconds,

then back to my new bank to have my passbook made up and there it was all of the funds transferred, I can not imagine that I am the only person unhappy with UOB's new policy of not issuing confirmation of funds held letters locally, but whist it is a large chunk of money for us I guess it is peanuts for UOB to lose some of their retirees accounts,

 the Samsung sign in the distance still working well,

 near the Pattaya Beer Garden,

 we then had a pleasant surprise, shortly after I returned Jay and Precil called round, so the girls were off shopping quick as a flash,

 Precil buying some food for her and Diana to eat when they returned,

meanwhile Jay and myself had a few cups of tea and coffee chatting the evening away, after we said our goodbyes we settled down to watch more of the programs that are new for this week, Pickers, Axemen, Deadliest Catch and a few more, nibbling at some fresh fruit Diana had bought at the market, once again having a early night, so about midnight we were off to bed.

No comments: