Friday 6 July 2012

We Were Up Early

and off to the fishing park,


 I had my fishing waistcoat on that Mark had kindly bought me as a birthday present, it has so many pockets for bits and pieces on it, many thanks Mark,

 we had settled in our usual spot, Nick keen to get the first one in the bag,

 Diana settled down with my mobile to play games,

 it was a quiet day, at the end of it we had both had a few bites but no fish, I passed the time feeding the lizards,

 I have mentioned these before, I had always thought that they feed on insects,

 but the ones here in the park have developed at taste for pieces of bread bait dropped by anglers,

 just like that!

 the flock of ducks normally here has dropped down to just 4,

Diana decided to feed the rabbits,

with some green leaves,

 to try to change our luck Diana had a go at fishing, but with no success,

 some clouds were coming in, maybe some rain later, we then decided it was time to move as Maureen was preparing our evening meal, so we had one last cast,

 you guessed it, Nick was into one,

 and landed it, unfortunately it was a fish that has so many small bones we put it back rather than keep it for the pot,

 we arrived back at Nick and Maureen's, last time we were here Nick was telling us about a infestation of woodlice like insects, well they were back,

 lots of them, they had a black/brown metallic finish to their exoskeleton, they looked quiet nice in the sunlight,

 I then had a surprise, Nick had bought me a bottle of Pattaya beer, it appears that Pattaya is going to have its own brand, I wonder if it will be available outside of Thailand?

I have to say the dolphin looks a little unhappy, but a label change is in the pipe line, for anyone interested it is distributed by Pattaya Beverage Market Co. Ltd. in Banglamung and brewed by Xasy Group Co. Ltd. - Beer Savan Co. Ltd. in Sawnakhet Province, Lao PDR, the alh/vol is 5%, not being a beer drinker all I can say is the taste is a little different, but it might catch on, as they say time will tell,

a strange picture, but in the space in the door at the top of the door lock there are what Nick tells us are lizard eggs,

Maureen very kindly cooked a roast pork with crackling and stuffing meal, followed by cheese and biscuits, then Nick, who by the way is a good cook in his own right with a few diplomas to prove it, made a bakewell tart, delicious it was too,

then down to the serious stuff, Monopoly, as usual I struggled to buy any sets of roads, whilst Nick and Maureen pick roads up with ease, all to soon Diana and myself were out of the game, it was a long battle between husband and wife,

eventually after a few unlucky rolls of the dice Nick was the winner, it was a marathon game, so thanking Nick and Maureen for another wonderful day we made our way back home, it was by now late, so a couple of medicinal red wines later and we were off to bed.

2 comments:

Simon James said...

Hi Stanley,
do you know if Nick and maureen still live in Jomtien
If so do you know if they use a particular bar regularly or an address or a
Phone number
It's been years since I've seen them and I am in Jomtien the week and would like to surprise them
Regards Simon

PattayaStan said...

Dear Simon, Nick and Maureen now live in Soi Siam Country Club Road, I can not post there details here as anyone might copy their details, but if you send a comment with your email (I will not post your email of course), but I can reply to it with their details, they now no longer go into town and have not done so for a number of years, best regards, Stan and Diana.