Friday 21 June 2013

All Went Well With My Daily Trip To The Hospital,

the dressing was changed with no apparent problems,


 there was the usual banter between myself and which ever nurse changed my dressing, the conversation always ended with the phrase 'you have hairy back', as the last of the sticking plaster was pulled away that kept the dressing in place, as I mentioned to Steve I guess I am luckly in that she did not call me a 'silver back'! on the way home we called into Friendship,

 looking through what was good and not good for keeping sugar levels down one thing I do eat a lot of is white bread, it appears that wholemeal is a better choice so we were off to buy a loaf or two,

 also we were getting low on our fresh fruit supplies, so we parked up at the market opposite the temple on Pattaya Tai,

 Diana returned with mango's, grapes and papaya, plus a huge bunch of bananas,

 on the way back we spotted this group of monks in the back of a pickup truck,

 this is not an uncommon sight in Thailand, everyday monks visit the local community to bless weddings, birthdays, homes and cars, in fact when I first bought my truck it was blessed, I asked what some of the writing said on the inside of the cab and was told that a part of it said, 'do not drive like a monkey!',

 in my quest for whole meal bread I decided to treat myself to a childhood favourite, some pumpernickel as a rye bread replacement for the white bread I normally eat, not to everyones taste but as a kid I loved it, just a very thin scrape of mustard then a slice or two of freshly cut ham as an open sandwich, delicious!

during the day we watched some television, later in the evening, Knowing, a list of numbers foretells the ending of the world, but will it really happen as aliens move children from the planet?, with that scary thought we were off to bed.

No comments: