Sunday 22 September 2013

The Day Did Not Start Out Well,

I forgot I had the headphones around my neck as I got up,


and gave the cable connecting them to the computer a fearful tug, well you know my luck with things electrical, they stopped working, so I figured that a cable in them had parted, so off to TukCom to buy a new pair, plugged them in and hey presto, they did not work either, so after both Diana and myself spent hours trying to get the computer to recognise them with no success we gave up, the computer technician is due here on Monday, but on a happier note we had a bar-b-q on Saturday evening, 


 lots of smoke as usual,

 but the fire eventually caught,

 and all was looking well,

 till the wind changed direction,

 at last the smoke and flames died down, 

 so on with the food, first a potato in foil with some garlic wholemeal bread,

 for our starters a frankfurter for Diana and a couple of prawn kebabs for myself,

 which all somehow ended up on my plate,

 for our main course strips of pork belly, Diana had prepared them by rubbing salt into them to make sure they were crispy,

ah! a candle lit meal for two, for dessert we shared a pastry cream horn, we chatted the night away, but then my memory failed me completely, so I am asking help from anyone reading this, I was reciting a ditty to Diana that was popular in music hall shows many years ago, I guess like a vaudeville type of show where people would come on stage and do a few acts, juggling, feats of memory, magic tricks or similar, but I could not remember all of it, worse still typing in the opening lines it appears it is not on the Internet, so here goes,

way out west,
where the sun goes to rest,
there lies the parachute saloon,
with cards and dice and every kind of vice,
to the playing of a rag time tune,
at a poker game behind the bar,
sits dangerous Dan McGrew,
watching his luck the light of his life,
the woman known as Lou,

and that is all I can remember of it, does anyone know the rest of the ditty? moving on we watched a few from Cheers and then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: