Saturday 5 April 2014

First Thing,

Alex and Hugh called by for a tea and a chat,


I then made my way to the Lagoon Village, where a friend of ours was having some work done to his home, 

 so naturally I took some bread to feed the fish, 


 in the man made lake that his home overlooks,


 it is difficult to say,

 but I am guessing the fish are in the 8 kilo or so range,

 and look good enough to eat!

 which of course we do, these are locally know as dory, but are actually the silver pangasius, (Pangasius hypophthalmus)

 it was a feeding frenzy,

 the bread has only moment to live!

 next stop the weekend night market on Thepprasit Road, some cloud looking towards Jomtien,

 which will not bode well for tomorrow,

 but blue skies looking inland,

 glitter seems to be the in thing on this stall,

 with these shiny tops,

 and more to chose from,

 this weeks super heroes,

 opposite the bar this evening a secondhand stall that was doing a roaring trade, people were looking there all of the time we were there,

 new for this week the first of this seasons lychee's, a bit small but I am sure Diana will buy some,

 the food aisles were really crowded,

 both of them,

 the third new food aisle did at least have some customers,

 but still not as popular as the first two,

 so I made my way to the pet section,

 sunset over the market,

 reaching the far end of the market I started to make my way back then noticed this new stall for this week,

 selling pearl jewelry,

 this is the other end of the new food aisle,

 lots of tables but not many takers,

 this at the far end of the second food aisle,

 lots of food on sticks here,

 some more clouds moving in from Jomtien,

 I started to make my way back to the bar,

 passing some of the stalls selling souvenirs,

 and then who should I see?

 none other than Sai Jai, we had not seen her for some time, she makes knitted goods at home and comes to the market to sell them, she explained that she has a sore knee so she had not been here for a number of months,

 Brian's wife Sa and son Nicky were next to arrive,

 look at that, sleeping like a baby!

so a quick beer for us and after saying our goodbyes we made a move for home, we watched Red II on TMN cable then a couple from The Chase, three from Bones and we were off to bed.


No comments: