Sunday 27 July 2014

Pattaya Motor Show 2014,

was our treat for today,


it takes place in Central Festival on two floors, from July 26th till 3rd August,

 naturally lots of pictures of myself, with a few cars,

 and bikes like this brand, Platinum, in the background,

 I was surprised to see a Lotus out here,

 but strangely enough there were so many Lamborghini's here,

 and few nice other cars as well, like this Audi,

 whilst here we noticed a new part of the store,

 this is about as close as I will ever get to a Porsche as it accelerates away from me,

 so a quick look at the front,

 Volvo's were here as well,

 including some of their people carriers,

 Diana thought I should buy this one as it's colour matched my shirt,

 but I had to have a quick look at the Mercedes,

 and BMW,

 if you have never been to Central Festival which is on Second Road give it a try, it is huge,

 then on to the bikes, 

 I was intrigued by this one, sans petrol tank, seat,

 and badges on the timing chest and battery case, in fact no way of knowing it was a locally built Triumph Bonneville,

 I then noticed the deep gouges on the timing case, it looked like it had been thrown down the road,

so I guess some one had taken off anything that would let you know it was a Triumph motorcycle, but they forgot two things,

the word 'Triumph' at the bottom of the speedometer and revolution counter, a bit of tape would have done!

as well as some off road vehicles, there were a few manufactures that I had thought would have been here, Honda, Ducati, BMW and Harley-Davidson, but they may arrive over the next few days,

 so back to the cars,

I was so tempted by one of these, but they did not have it in white,
 and just my luck they did not have the Lamborghini in black!

there were of course lots of accessories like wheels for sale,

 so on to the serious part of the show, 

 I was trying as hard as I could,

 to find out what the make of the car was,

but people just kept getting in the way of the badge,

 so I just had to ask them to move,

 another car I did not expect to see out here, 

 the twin headlight model, Subaru Impreza, in the UK prices start from £28,995 or in the USA from $26,295,

 it seems quiet popular with the ladies,

but at least they did not get in the way of the cars badges, again there were a few notable exceptions of car and truck manufactures that were not here, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and Isuzu, all popular brands out here, but like the motorcycle section they could be arriving in the next day or two,


after nearly buying a couple of cars, yes I know in my dreams, it was time for a coffee,

 Diana does not share my fear of heights,

 so she lent over the balcony to take a couple of pictures,

 and of course no visit to Central Festival would be complete,

 with out a visit to Swensens,

 then a bit of fun on the table next door, it was the little girls birthday party, so a ice cream cake with candles,

I just had to have a pose outside, then we were off home.


No comments: