Saturday 5 July 2014

The Internet Is So Slow Today,

I have only manged to make two posts,


every time I try to look at a site I revive the message, 'oops goggle chrome can not find this site' I guess there is a fault some where, so on to the post, first stop to the TukCom Centre,

unfortunately Nick and Maureen's Blu-Ray player decided to go on strike, so we dropped it of for them to be repaired,

on our way back we stopped off at some of the food stalls,

Diana decided on some green tea,

although I was not hungry, the aroma from some of the stalls almost tempted me to buy a snack or three,

I nearly bought some jack fruit, but we had already stocked up on fresh fruit, here is a small tip if you ever buy a whole jack fruit, the fruit is surrounded by a type of sticky sap that is almost impossible to wash off of your hands, using several washes of soap or detergent your hands will still be sticky, so here is what to do, use baby oil and thoroughly wash your hands in it as though it was soap, then wash with normal soap and all of the stickiness is gone in two simple steps,


either last months 3BB bill was late or this one is early, but in any event here we are back again to pay for our at the moment poor Internet connection, in front of the office stalls are being erected for tonight's weekend night market,

in just a few hours all of this area will be covered by stalls,

Mark called over in the afternoon for a coffee and a chat and then we were back in the evening to the market,

lots of cloud looking towards Jomtien,

and it was quiet cloudy looking inland, as an aside we are now in the third month of the rainy season and if the forecasts are to be believed due to have 16 or 17 days of rain over the month, the same as May and June, but in both of those months from memory it has only rained 4 or 5 days in each month, so I guess the farmers are hoping for a wet July,

there are now two stalls selling these lights,

this one with free standing ones, the other with smaller displays to put on tables,

opposite the bar this evening a stall selling handbags and the other selling mobile telephone covers,

I nearly bought a Monkey shake,

and then I bumped into Sai Jai, I know you should never discus a ladies age, but I am sure she would not mind if I told you she is in her late 80s, every week she comes to the market to set up her stall selling woolly hats and covers for tissue boxes that she makes herself at home, she travels to and fro by bus with that trolley which is as heavy as it looks, I just hope I am in as fit as she is when I am in my late 80s!

we were a bit early as some of the trucks unloading supplies were still here,

there were quiet a few people in the pet section,

technicolour 'T' shirts this week,

the markets shrine in the far corner of the market next to the administration buildings,

looking towards Joimtien a few more clouds seem to be rolling in,

food on a stick, 

I made my way back to the bar,

and meet up with Brian, 

sunset over the market, after saying goodbye to Brian we made a move for home and watched Take on the Twister followed by a couple of films on cable, then for us we were off to bed,


2 comments:

Simon James said...

Hi Stan
I'm an old friend of Nick and Maureen's but have lost contact with them.
It's so nice to see them looking so well.
Would you please remember me to then next time you see them

PattayaStan said...

Dear Simon, just spoken to Nick, your kindest regards past on to them, Stan and Diana.