Tuesday 8 July 2014

Our Internet Connection Is Still Painfully Slow,

and sometimes it is not working at all,


 so again only two posts today, the good news is that 3BB have telephoned to say they are looking into the problem, the bad news is that there is no news yet, we had a busy day as I left I took a couple of pictures of Diana's tomato plants,

 another truss growing larger,

  first stop the bank, I needed a letter from the bank for my visa, but as I was a bit early and it was not open, so I decided to have a coffee opposite at the Pattaya Beer Garden,

walking past the shrine at the entrance to it,

 I made my way along the aisle leading to the restaurant/bar,

 the tide is out on Pattaya beach,

 but I was not in luck,

 the beer garden was closed as well, but soon the bank was open, so letter in hand I made my way to Immigration on Soi 5 Jomtien, then my busy day began, I was in and out of immigration in no time at all, paying the 1,900 baht for my retirement visa, I then called home to pick up Diana and drop her off at the beauty saloon leaving her with some spending money,

 then on to the car and motorbike testing centre on Sumkivitt Road, this month it was the turn of my 17 year old Kawasaki motorbike to have it's yearly test, this is the view outside the centre looking towards Pattaya,

 as you travel out of Pattaya look for the Bangkok Pattaya hospital on your left, the test centre is just before it,

 just drive in and wait your turn, for the tax, test and compulsory insurance the bill was just over 530 baht, then call back after 4.30 in the afternoon the following day for your new tax disc, so off I went to TukCom, I needed to buy 2 bottles of ink at 499 baht each and pick up Nick and Maureen's Blu-Ray player that had been repaired, but disaster struck! I had not taken enough money with me, I was 100 baht short of the repair bill, so back home for a top up of cash,

then back to TukCom to pick up the player, next stop Soi Siam Country Club road and on to their estate to drop the player off, but before I arrived a call from Diana to say she was waiting to be picked up from the salon, so off to the saloon and home, next a quick shower to pick up my passport as it was after 3.00 in the afternoon and I needed it as my next stop was back to the bank to pay a cheque in and pick up some more money, then home and feet up, 


as I struggled with the Internet connection on my telephone I heard a noise at the front door, it was not Diana as she was in the bedroom, having a look there was a complete surprise, Mad Mick had decided to pay a surprise visit from the UK, so we had a drink or two then he was off into the night, as you might guess we will be meeting up in the next day or so,


I went back to trying the Internet, but no changes there,

 we then had our evening meal, trying to keep my weight within reason most breakfasts and evening meals for me look like this, 3 or 4 pieces of pumpernickel bread with a different topping, chicken, ham, egg, crab sticks or for tonight smoked salmon, with tomato, cucumber and a dash of low fat mayonnaise, to give everything a slight zing Diana then grates a frozen lemon over the top of it all, but here is the great thing, all of the tomatoes were grown by Diana, so we are going green, growing our own, now how do I start growing pumpernickel? 

after our meal we watched Take on the Twister followed by The Chase, Death on the Nile was next and a pleasure to watch again as we had not seen it for some time, another from Ripper Street was next, great story line, this episode A Stronger Loving World, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: