Thursday 1 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

to one and all,


 straight on to today's post as I have just a slight hangover, we had a look at the cleaned sand wash around the house,

 it all looked so different,

 admittedly in the pictures it looks a bit patchy,

but that is only where some of the sand wash is still wet from yesterday, it soon went to a uniform colour once the sun had dried it out,

 we had a quiet day, but in the evening it was time to see in the New Year, as it was a special evening Diana decided to have a glass of wine, 2 sips was enough so I just had to finish her glass,

 we had decided not to go out, last year the crush trying to get home was just too frightening,

 so for our meal tonight a take away Indian, starting with onion bhajis and chicken tikka,

 the selfie stick was out tonight,

 it may look like we will miss the fireworks, 

 but Diana bought some sparklers,

  it was strange how the smell of them brought back so many childhood memory's,

 a selfi with out the stick,

 great fun,

 barrel of wine beside me, lots of Indian food in front of me,

 and Diana happy as always, what could be better?

 a real treat for our dessert,

 fresh strawberries and cream,

 then some more sparklers,

 Diana had a brainwave, as we still had lots of fresh cream she decided to make a Irish coffee, so a quick look in the drinks cupboard and I found this bottle of 18 year old Glenfiddich, which was nearly three quarters full, that will do nicely,

 and here they are,

 oh the agony of choice!

 and we had to have some more sparklers,

 ta-da!

 and another round of Irish coffees,

 the second coffee was starting to take effect,

 or it may have been the third,

 more fireworks, 

 in both hands,

 for both of us,

 this is where Diana decided to make a short video,

I had no idea how close the sparks were to my hair,

 until it was too late!

 hair transplant next week,

 we had been on the telephone to the Philippines chatting to Diana's family, they are 1 hour ahead of us,

 so it was more fireworks and coffees,

 we were now approaching the midnight hour,

 light up some more quick,

and the drinks arrived just in time to see the New Year in, but with a bit of sad news, there was no more left, I could not believe we had drunk all that was in the bottle, we had not, there was still a quarter or so left, we had run out of cream, so that was a relief, we chatted about the last year and the ones before them, normally as we are out in the crowds we do not have time to do so, well it just so happens that the question of how long we have been together came up, I was tempted to say,
'let me think, when did the nightmares begin?' but I decided against it,
but it does appear we have been together for 6 years and 8 months, Diana had a think about this and said,
'all that time, 6 years and 8 months, I just do not know how I put up with you'
which was really spooky as I was thinking exactly the same thing, 6 years and 8 months, how has she put up with me? with that it was by now 02.00 so we were off to bed.

2 comments:

Karl said...

Hi Stan, I'm missing the famous English lawn around your house but this way it's surely much more maintenance friendly. Then I always thought Asians are more cautious with their words so Diana surprised me with her summary of your time together. So happy new year and many more of them for both of you

PattayaStan said...

Dear Karl, I tried a lawn when I lived outside of Pattaya, it did look nice but was high maintenance what with the watering and cutting, I did eventually put a automatic sprinkler system in, but it was still a lot of work keeping it neat and tidy, as for Diana's comments it is a catch phrase we both use on each other frequently, at least once a week! best regards for every success in the New Year, Stan and Diana.