Monday 25 September 2017

I Remember The First Mobile Telephone,

that I or I should say My company had,


it was huge, well the battery under the keypad was,

 and since those huge telephones they have over the years gotten progressively smaller, in the 25 year timeline image above until  mid 2000/2005 when they start to grow larger again, why? because they were no longer "just" phones, the miniaturisation of tech allowed us to cram an entire range of gadgets into one device, so the addition of a video screen meant it had to be large enough to see, the limit of miniaturisation is not tech, but our physical bodies that use it, the growth of the devices since then makes them ever easier to see, while the components inside continue to shrink, and I would guess it is a fact that so many of us actually use less than 5% of applications that our own telephone is capable of,

Reddit user zHighlander uploaded a similar image of his father's phone collection, looking remarkably like the illustration in the time line image, I wonder what the next 25 years will bring?


No comments: