Sunday 1 September 2019

Diana Had A Daytime Shift,

so I spent most of the day upstairs,


playing with some of the infrared photographs I had completed,

for all of these,

I used the colour print,

and used a part of a piece of software in the NIK Collection

it somehow attaches itself to Photoshop which is the program I open it in,

and using a mask in the program gives the coloured pictures a black and white vintage look, the masks or layers are in a part of the program called Silver Effects Pro,

there is a selection of 20 or 30 different black and white masks,

in most pictures it is a pleasing result although in this view of Santorini it does not look so nice,

but for myself it gives this photograph taken in Kew Gardens a nice 'old' sort of look,

although the orchids seem a a bit 'busy',

another from Kew,

the stranger on the shore in Brighton

and lastly one from a few days ago, looking upriver from Allington lock, again like infrared color photographs, not to everyone's taste, but I do like some of these, and for myself a pleasant hobby playing with photographs we have taken on our travels, 

  in the late afternoon I settled down with a sherry or three and decided to start on a book I had read many times before, Catch 22

 I actually found a photograph of the book cover I had in my early 20s in the 1970s, now lost in The Seeds of Time,

and the not so nice cover of the one I have now,

and luckily had watched the film with an all star cast a number of times which gave a great insight to the characters, unlike the not very good television series, appalling, that was the word I was looking for, television series, it was nice to meet Sergeant Towser and Hungry Joe with his personal demons again, then a nice surprise Steve called round, so we chatted away,

after he left my evening meal with a bottle of Casillero del Diablo, I spent the evening listening to music, 

I made a move to the bus stop when Diana called, and home we walked, 

next for us feet up for an hour or so of Van Helsing, and then we were off to bed.


2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Those photo effects are really stunning. That's the best work of yours I've seen so far.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, sorry to have taken so long to respond, we have just got back from holiday yesterday so I have a lot of catching up to do, many thanks for your kind comment, as it happens we took the infrared camera with us, so I have lots of images to play with when Diana is at work, for the holiday Diana mainly used the normal camera whilst I played with the other on its tripod, best regards Stan and Diana.