Sunday 29 September 2019

There Was Another Happening,

on the green next to the church,


I had a quick walk through,

and then joined Diana in Marks and Spencers,

we thought we would do the shopping early,

as we wanted to buy a joint of lamb for our Sunday roast before they had sold out,

a new venture has opened next to M & S, bad news for us, there was only one joint of lamb left, and it was huge, far too big for us, so a chicken it is then,

on to the green,

these events appear to be held every 6 months or so,

the fig tree in the center of the green now surrounded by nasturtiums,

we were a little early,

so not many people here,

plus the fact that it had been pouring down with rain earlier did not help attendance,

the first of the singers took to the stage,

this stall has my vote!

lots of rides for the kids,

just what we wanted,

an ice cream,

anyone for a Brazilian? no I will not do the Brazilian joke!

the Three Hounds Beer Company, which started in Beckenham has gone from bottles to cans,

a few more visitors have now arrived to watch the show, then it was time for Diana to go to work, so with the shopping I made a move for home,

 and upstairs I went, to play with a couple of infrared photographs I had taken, above as it has been converted,

 and after I played with the colours,

 I changed the image to black and white,

 and gave it a vintage look,

 this is how the image comes out of the camera,

 then converted,

 and then played with,

 next black and white,

 I then made it a lot darker to give it a night time feel,

finishing with a vintage look, boring to pretty much everyone, but with Diana at work it gives me a hobby that I enjoy,

in the evening a sherry to go with my read and Caruso,

a wine with my evening meal,

a salmon salad, towards midnight Diana called so I wandered down to the bus stop and waited for her, arriving home, one from Peaky Blinders, OK to save
you looking it up, from a long time ago here is the Brazilian joke,

Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing. He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."
"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"
His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the President sits, head in hands.
Finally, the President looks up and says, “tell me again, exactly how many is a Brazilian?”

 and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: