Wednesday 25 September 2019

I Walked With Diana To The End Of The Park,

she caught the bus to work,


 I walked to the stop for the 352 to go to Sydenham to Currys, to buy a 4 TB hard drive, I had by now put most of my infrared photographs on one hard drive, and I wanted a new hard drive to back them up on, just in case, I nearly did not wear a coat it was a glorious day as I walked down Blakeney Road to the stop, I had just missed a bus, 20 minutes later one arrived, by the time I got off near the retail park,

 it was pouring with rain, and like a fool I had worn the old anorak that soaks up water like a sponge,

 I got soaked literally through to the skin, and then the rain got worse,

 I eventually arrived and bought a 4TB hard drive,

 the sky had slightly cleared,

 and was almost a nice day as I arrived home, then it happened, as I opened up the plastic bag, it was obvious that the hard drive box had been opened, also there was a piece of Curry's note paper with a number on it taped to the plastic outer enclosure, as well as a 2" wide piece of clear tape holding the outer clear packaging in place, I was not happy with this as it appeared to have been used before, so back I went, with Diana's new anorak she bought for me, apparently there had been a number of thefts of hard drives in the store, so empty boxes were used, then replaced with printed cards, so the drives were replaced in the their boxes and kept behind the counter, I was informed one of the staff should have removed the stock number from the drive and tape, then told me that it was brand new and just replace in its box, apparently I was served by the only member of staff that did not know this! why do things like this always happen to me? so the second trip was a waste of time,

  so home again, for the second time, by now Diana had found all of the refrigerator magnets we had bought on our latest travels,

 we need a bigger refrigerator!

 upstairs I started transferring files from the other hard drives I keep all of our photographs on,

 luckily the computer had 2 USB ports at the front of it, which made things easy,

 after more than a few hours,

 there were only 3 more hours to go,

I watched television whilst all of this was going on, as midnight approached Diana called, and I was off to the bus stop to pick Diana up, then home, a tea and a chat, and we were off to bed.


No comments: